In a generation where sharing information, knowledge, and identity is the norm, action cameras have been seized upon as the ideal tool to share adventures. Watch VR Video Here This is a quick tutorial on how to edit 360 videos using the Samsung Gear 360, Samsung Action.
Gear 360 ActionDirector is top of the line 360° video editing software designed specifically for and included with your Samsung Gear 360 camera.
Gear 360 ActionDirector assists Gear 360 users by importing and automatically stitching videos and photos shot from your Gear 360, and provides several essential editing functions such as trimming, adding titles and creating transitions in your videos – and the best part is, ActionDirector excels at 360° video editing!
In this tutorial, we will give you a brief introduction to Gear 360 ActionDirector.
Upon launching ActionDirector, you will see the following start-up menu, and from here you can choose to edit:
- 360° VR video: import 360° videos, add 360° effects, and then share directly to social platforms that support 360° video, such as Youtube or Facebook
- HD video: import 2D videos captured from your smartphone, digital camera or action camera, and you can use ActionDirector to edit these as well
Click on the “360 VR Video” icon to enter into Gear 360 ActionDirector’s editing interface, and from here you will see the following:
- Media Room: here you can import your 360° videos and photos taken from your Gear 360
- Titles/Transitions: you can switch rooms here if you would like to add titles or transitions (between clips) into your video
- Preview Window: you can preview your content as you edit, from the Media Room or the Story Board here
- Story Board: here is where your story comes alive, you can drop your footage, titles and transitions and edit for the perfect sequence
- Music: need a little ambiance? No problem, you can add background music by clicking this button here
- Produce: when your work has been completed, you can produce your video here!
Next, you can move onto the following tutorials for more in depth explanations of each feature for Gear 360 ActionDirector, that we just went over:
Now you are now ready to produce and share your first 360° video! In this final tutorial, you will learn how to export your 360° video using Gear 360 ActionDirector.
ActionDirector provides two options when exporting, you can choose to export to a file destination (such as MP4 or H.265 video), or you can directly upload and share your video on YouTube or Facebook!
First, simply click on the icon to begin producing your video file.
From the Produce interface, you can choose to produce to File or upload Online.
Produce your 360° video to a file
If you would like watch your video, say later on your computer, you can choose to produce to File.
There are 2 different file formats for you to chose from, H.264/AVC(.MP4) or H.265. Generally speaking, H.264 format is supported by more devices, and while H.265 provides similar compression quality, it is a smaller file, which is typically only supported by newer devices and the latest software (such as PowerDVD 16).
In the resolution tab, there are several 2:1 formats for you to choose from, we recommend using 3840x1920 resolution when producing your file, which is the resolution native to Gear 360 and provides the best viewing quality.
Action Director Gear 360 Mac
Next choose your desired file destination and then click on the Start button to begin producing your video!
Upload and share your 360° video directly to YouTube and Facebook!
Looking to upload your video to YouTube or Facebook (both of which now support 360° video!)? Gear 360 ActionDirector supports direct uploading to both of these social platforms.
First, select the “Online” tab and choose the social platform (YouTube or Facebook) that you would like to upload and share to. For resolution, we again recommend using 3840x1920.
Next, you will need to input some additional information, such as your video’s title and description. ActionDirector will also save a local copy of your produced video as a file on your PC and you can choose this location from the Output Folder area.
When you are all ready to finish you work, click on the Start button to begin producing. If this is your first time using ActionDirector to upload directly to YouTube or Facebook, there will be an authorization pop-up prompting you to input your log-in info for the social platform you selected.
Action Director 360 For Mac Os
Once the producing has been completed, you can watch your video on your YouTube or Facebook page!