- Free Firefox Browser Windows 7
- Firefox Web Browser For Mac
- Firefox Browser For Macbook Air
- Download Mozilla Firefox Browser For Windows 7
- Download Firefox Browser Mac
Whenever something pops into your mind, you open your browser to do research on it. The browser is an old fashion way of searching for things on the internet, whether you want to buy an accessory or search for a home remedy for common ailments.
The Safari browser comes pre-installed with macOS and it’s a browser many people love. Firefox is more than a browser. Learn more about Firefox products that handle your data with respect and are built for privacy anywhere you go online.
Mac has Safari as an inbuilt browser which is an efficient and fast browser. But it is not a bad idea to keep an alternative in case the native application crashes.
So, in this article, we have discussed some of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 if you‘re looking for a suitable alternative.
List of Contents
11 Fastest Internet Browser For Mac
To provide you fastest browsing experience, Here is the list of 11 best web browsers for MacOS:
1. Brave Browser:
A new and emerging browser for Mac, Brave is secure, private and fast. Brave is open source and focuses on your privacy. Brave is a lightweight Mac browser.
Features of Brave:
- It is 8 times faster than regular browsers.
- It blocks ads, trackers, and unwanted content so you don’t have to deal with them.
- With “Private Tabs with Tor*” feature, it provides true private browsing experience along with enhanced protection
2. Opera –
An older name, Opera is one of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 as it is fast and smooth. It is famous to access faster speed with low-speed connection based on the server size compression technique.
Features of Opera:
- It allows you to easily navigate and provides you with browsing experience
- It has an inbuilt torrent download browser options.
- It is streamlined and designed for those who want a responsive browser that meets their needs.
- It has integrated phishing protection, integrated RSS feeds, and integrated email clients.
- To properly operate the browser, one needs to strictly adhere to coding.
- The extensions built into Opera are not always easy to find.
3. Google Chrome:
One of the most popular browsers, widely used on Windows, Google Chrome is a good option for a Fastest browser. It is fast, secure and free, and it runs on multiple platforms. It’s clutter free interface makes it easy to use.
Features of Google Chrome:
- It lets you search and navigate from the same box.
- It offers a wide range of easily obtained and installed extensions to customize the browser as you like.
- There’s support for parental controls and has settings to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Kills the battery (if you are running a portable Mac) and hogs the RAM.
- If you accidentally close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning.
Must Read: Photoshop Scratch Disk Full – Guide on How To Fix
4. Mozilla Firefox –
With inbuilt privacy, Mozilla is one of the trusted and best browsers for Mac. It has features that protect you from phishing schemes, viruses and more.
Features of Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla is a secure browser but with extensions like NoScript and FlashBlock available it can become the safest.
- It provides excellent network security, a user-friendly interface and many add-ons for customized browsing.
- It has an embedded memory which means that if you turn off your computer by mistake, it will remember the Internet page you had opened and offer to get them back for you.
- It has intuitive navigation.
- Sometimes, you end up getting an error while opening a website, as Mozilla is not compatible with it.
- Mozilla Firefox uses more memory than other browsers and has slow startup time.
One of the best browsers for Mac, Maxthon has a good interface on the home screen of the browser.
Features of Maxthon:
- One of the best thing about Maxthon is that it keeps the PC’s working condition optimized while working on it and doesn’t hog the system’s performance.
- It boosts up the internet connection to an extent and it tries to open the web page faster.
- Maxthon is independent of operating systems as well as the device itself as it is cloud based with all OS interlocked to each other.
- It has a good feature which doesn’t let you fill the information on websites you visited in the past when you visit it for the next time as it saves the information for you.
- It doesn’t offer a wide range of extensions.
- Maxthon lacks some of the features such as voice interaction commands and open-source development.
Camino is also a good alternative, as it is an open source web browser which focuses on offering the best web experience for the users of Mac OS X.
Features of Camino:
- Camino Browser offers fast connection and there’s integrated flash block which helps you save the bandwidth.
- The bookmark bar allows multiple lines of bookmarks.
- It has sleek interface with simple and elegant look.
- It also offers all the functionality & style that is expected from Mac OS X programs.
- It does not have undo-close tab.
- It does not have an option to rearrange tabs as it does not allow moving of tabs
7. Omni Web
Omni Web is one of the best browsers available for Mac as it is the powerful web browser for Mac.
Features of Omni Web:
- It has numerous features like Visual Tabs, adding websites to shortcuts, automatic rendering of web pages, etc.
- You can change the font of any web page if you are not liking it.
- The browser handles the entire RSS feed which is indeed a great feature.
- The browser is slow.
- It hogs the system resources as it uses a large amount of RAM.
Free Firefox Browser Windows 7
- It has a simple and clutter free interface.
- Yandex has Turbo mode, which never lets the browser speed go slow. Whenever internet speeds drop, Turbo mode is enabled, which speeds up how fast pages load and save on your data charges.
- It protects your passwords and bank card details and keeps your online payments safe from theft.
An open source Chromium browser with some similarities to Opera, Vivaldi is one of the best browsers available for Mac.
Firefox Web Browser For Mac
Features of Vivaldi
- It has awesome tab management. They are functional, work great, can be tiled, have previews and stack well.
- It enables you to access all the goodies from the chrome store, which is not that of a surprise as it uses Chromium platform.
- It provides you with several options to customize the browser according to your preferences.
- It downloads faster even after slow internet speed.
- Just as Chrome, this browser also hogs up the system resources.
- There is no way to sync passwords, settings, bookmarks online
Must Read: How To Analyze Disk Space On Mac
Yet another browser, which is counted in the list of fastest browsers for Mac due to its super light-weightiness and it looks like Google Chrome.
Features of Stainless
- It features a dual-purpose search address bar, which makes searching and navigating very smooth.
- It has an independent tabbed browsing which means one tab won’t crash your whole browser.
- Parallel browsing mode allows multiple email clients open at once.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It has a few configuration options
- It doesn’t have any extensions available yet
Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, with all these features Sea Monkey definitely deserves to be on the list of best browsers for Mac.
Features of SeaMonkey:
- The browser is fast and responsive than several among the list.
- It contains a cookie manager which lets you view & delete the cookies created when surfing.
- It has several other features, like a password manager, customizable toolbars & the ability to restore the sessions.
- It doesn’t have mouse gestures or voice interaction for multi-modal browsing
- The browser is not sleek and it can’t be used with ease.
This concludes our list of the best browsers for Mac. these browsers are lightweight and will give you the fastest browsing experience. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
Did you know that you can install different browsers on Mac? That’s right: if you find that Safari isn’t what you want from a web browser, you can install a new browser. It’s easy-peasy, too!
What makes this one of the best Mac hacks around is that it’s easy, practical, and you can pick almost any modern web browser that you like.
In this guide, we’re going to take a look at some of the best web browsers for Mac to help you find the one that’s right for you.
Ready to browse our list of alternative browsers and get installing? Then read on!
1. Google Chrome – Best web browser for mac
First off, let’s take a look at the big one. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that you can install Chrome on Mac: this browser boasts a slightly ridiculous 66.3 percent share of the world’s browser market. If we’re going by desktop browsers only, that share increases.
So what is it that makes Google Chrome such an appealing browser? First off, there’s the ubiquity of it. Many people have grown up using it or have recently started using it, and almost everyone knows how it works.
Then there’s the speed. Chrome is a very fast web browser, besting its rivals on most metrics that you could care to name. This was what made it such a popular browser when it first came out, too.
There’s also a fantastic range of customization options available for Chrome. Countless themes and extensions mean that you can make Chrome look and work exactly how you want it to.
Not all is rosy in the world of Chrome though. Countless privacy concerns have arisen about Google over the years and Chrome is no exception. For instance, a relatively new feature in Chrome led to worries about data leaks.
Firefox Browser For Macbook Air
It’s not open-source either, so if you care about knowing what’s going on under the hood, you’re out of luck.
Also Read: Keeping Macbook Caches in Check
2. Firefox – Best web browser for mac
If privacy is a big concern for you, why not use Firefox? This browser is renowned for its privacy and is completely open-source. Its users contribute to the browser’s development and can suggest and make changes as they see fit.
Besides its great approach to privacy, what else does Firefox have going for it? Well, according to recent speed tests, it’s a lot faster than it used to be. It may not be able to quite match Chrome but it isn’t far behind.
It’s got a great range of themes and add-ons available too. Firefox was the first browser to feature a wide range of extensions and almost all the most popular extensions are still available for it today.
So what are the downsides of Firefox? Well, as Chromium-based browsers pioneer the way to the future of the internet, Firefox can feel a little clunky. Its design hasn’t changed too much in the past 10 years, so if you want the latest and greatest web browser, it may not be for you.
It is a stable, dependable, and intuitive web browser though, which we’d recommend taking a look at.
Download Mozilla Firefox Browser For Windows 7
3. Internet Explorer and Edge
Did you know that you can install Internet Explorer for Mac? If you have older relatives who swear by IE and don’t want to use anything else, we would recommend installing it for them. For many older people, IE is the only web browser that they’ll ever use.
If you’re used to other browsers though, we wouldn’t recommend installing IE. It’s clunky, old-fashioned, and slow.
If you are interested in trying another Microsoft browser though, Edge is a fantastic alternative. It’s Windows’ new default browser and is based on Chromium, which means it packs a real punch. It’s pretty much as fast as Chrome and comes with some other neat features.
Edge packs in a lot of baked-in privacy features which means that you can control exactly how much you’re willing to be tracked. This is one of its biggest advantages over other Chromium browsers and Chrome in particular.
It’s also a bit easier on your computer’s resources than Chrome, which eats them up like candy.
If you’re interested in extensions, you’re in luck. There aren’t all that many extensions that are made for Edge in particular but thanks to their shared engine, you can install any Chrome extensions that you like on there.
This gives you access to a huge range of extensions right off the bat.
Also Read: How to Free up Storage Space on Mac
4. Opera – Best web browser for mac
For the last of the alternative browsers, let’s look at one that is a little more “out there.” What makes Opera quite so unique is also what could dissuade people from using it.
How do you feel about browsers that are always trying new things? If you like them, you’ll love Opera. Opera features mouse gestures, a turbo mode, a built-in VPN, and deep-level customization that lets you change almost everything about the browser.
Due to these unique additions, Opera isn’t the most user-friendly browser but it is fast and innovative. Once you get used to it, you might never use anything else.
Download Firefox Browser Mac
As for extensions, there’s a superb range available. It may not be the most popular browser but it’s unique and interesting enough to be worth a look.
Try Out These Different Browsers Today
There are a ton of different browsers available for Mac. We’ve only scratched the surface of alternative browsers but we think you’ll enjoy these ones.
Get out there, install these browsers, and see which one you like best!
For more interesting and informative tech articles, check out the rest of our blog.
Also Read: How To Keep Your Mac Secure Enough To Protect Your Data