It might be that you wish to take screenshots on your Mac without using shortcut keys, and this is where the tool ‘Grab’ comes in handy. This software is already installed on every Mac operating system and can be found either in the ‘Utilities’ folder under ‘Applications’ or by using the ‘Spotlight’ search function. You can take screenshots on macOS with “global” hotkeys – active for all programs, games, videos, etc. This is the fastest and the easiest way, probably, and there are a few key combinations for it. Shift⇧ + CMD⌘ + 3 – full screen. Shift⇧ + CMD⌘ + 4 – selected area. Mac OSX keyboard shortcuts for Copy & Paste, Fore Quit, Screenshots, Start in single user mode, Start in verbose mode, etc. Take a screen shot. The MAC OS X basis, and the Apple logo appears. Kernel and kernel extensions (KEXT) are loaded, and they take over the next steps.
There is no Print Screen button on a Mac Keyboard as you may find on Windows, but there are some advance options available that we can use to capture screens. You need to press certain key combinations in order to take a screenshot.
Here is how you can take a screen shot on a Mac OS X (like what we call print screen on Windows)
1. To capture complete Window:
Command Key (⌘) + Shift + 3
This will take a screenshot of the entire window (just like print screen works for Windows) and you will find the screenshot on the mac desktop.
2. To capture selected portion of the screen:
Command Key (⌘) + Shift + 4
When you press these combination keys a plus sign will appear with x and y co-ordinate indicators,you can simply select the area that you want to capture, again the screenshot will be available on the mac desktop.
3. To capture an Application window:
Command Key (⌘) + Shift + 4 , then hit space-bar
When you press 3 combination keys a plus sign will appear, then press space-bar, an Camera icon will appear when you click your mouse button, only the active window screen will be captured, the screenshot will be saved
You would see that when you press any of the key combinations you hear a click sound and the screenshot image is stored by default on the desktop with a format Screen Shot YYYY-MM-DD at HH.MM.SS AM/PM with an .png extension (example Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 1.17.56 pm)
If you want that the image should be copied to the Clipboard instead of being saved, you have the following key combinations to press.
4. To capture complete window and Save as Clipboard:
Command Key (⌘) + Control(^) + Shift + 3This will take a screenshot of the entire window (just like print screen works for Windows) and you will copy it to the Clipboard.
5. To capture selected portion of the screen and Save as Clipboard:
Command Key (⌘) + Shift + 4When you press these combination keys a plus sign will appear with x and y co-ordinate indicators,you can simply select the area that you want to capture, again the screenshot will copied to Clipboard.
Mac Hotkeys Pdf
6. To capture an Application window Save as Clipboard:
Command Key (⌘) + Shift + 4 , then hit spacebar
When you press 3 combination keys a plus sign will appear, then press spacebar, an Camera icon will appear when you click your mouse button, only the active window screen will be captured, the screenshot will be saved to Clipboard
Hotkey For Screenshot Windows 10
Mac Os HotkeysMore Posts:
Mac Os Keyboard Shortcuts
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- Calculate Volume of Cylinder - C-Program
- How to add hint text in bootstrap input text field and text area - Bootstrap
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- Copy file from one directory to other in Php - PHP
- Calculate Volume of Ellipsoid - C-Program
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed - SharePoint
- Get Browser Screen Width and Height dynamically using jquery - jQuery
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error - SharePoint
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly. - SharePoint
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command - Tomcat
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application - Android