I started using Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 a few years ago and never want to move to a Creative Cloud plan since I hate paying every month for the subscription. The version I bought was a physical DVD and I didn’t have a DVD drive on my laptop, so I had to use this trick to convert a trial version of Lightroom CC to a licensed Lightroom 6 copy.
- Installing and using Lightroom 3 on both a Mac and a PC is no problem. I ordered Lightroom 3 last summer from Adobe and I installed it on my Mac and on my wife's PC. Everything runs very smoothly. 8 Posts 2 Reply Likes Thank you all!
- The interface is like Lightroom CC but again has some differences. All Adobe plans that include Lightroom come with at least some online storage. Lightroom web is useful for publishing and sharing online collections. Lightroom Purchasing Options. To get Adobe Lightroom, you buy a monthly subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Lightroom is the cloud-based service that gives you everything you need to edit, organize, store, and share your photos across any device. Anywhere editing. Easy-to-use tools like sliders and presets let you create photos that look just the way you want.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t work anymore since Adobe discontinued its support for Lightroom 6. They even make it more difficult to download and license the software. If you download a Lightroom CC trial version and try to serialize it with a perpetual license, it will require you to log in to an Adobe account with the subscription plan and won’t show the screen to enter the serial number. Here I will show you how to solve the problem. Read more about how to get Lightroom for free legally without torrents and cracked software.
Lightroom Classic is installed locally on your computer. Lightroom is a cloud-based service with three device-based apps: desktop, mobile and web. You don't need an ongoing Internet connection to use them. You only need to connect to the Internet once every 99 days to validate your membership. Can I use the software on one more computer?
If you bought Lightroom 6 online, you can go to the Catalog page to find and download it. In case you bought a physical version like me, you will need a direct link to download Lightroom 6. Adobe hides it on this page. Both of the Windows and MacOS versions are available here.
Then, you just need to download the software and install it on your computer. During the installation, Adobe still requires you to sign in to your account, however, the CC subscription is not necessary and they won’t show any error. When you run it for the first time, you will be able to license it with your serial number.
Now, you can enjoy the standalone version without worrying about the monthly charges.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. The commission help keep the rest of my content free, so thank you!
Get the latest features and bug fixes by simply updating Lightroom to the latest version.
- The latest/most current version of Lightroom Classic is 10.0
- The latest/most current version of Lightroom is 4.0
Looking for information pertaining to older versions of Lightroom? See Legacy version updates.
Adobe provides technical support for the current version and the prior version. Bug fixes and security fixes
are only provided for the current version. For complete details, see:
How do I check for and install the most current updates?
Alternative To Lightroom For Mac
Launch Lightroom and choose Help > Updates.
For additional information, see Update Creative Cloud apps.
Not seeing the available updates? See Available updates not listed.
How do I verify which version of Lightroom I have?
To verify that you have the most recent version of Lightroom:
Choose Help > System Info.
What if my computer is not connected to the Internet?
For access to direct downloads, contact Adobe Customer Care.
You can install the product and updates offline, but you need momentary Internet access initially to sign in and activate your software.
How do I verify that Photoshop and Camera Raw are up to date?
Lightroom For Mac Free
If you use Photoshop and Camera Raw together with Lightroom, see Keep Photoshop up to date for details.