VirtualBox is an awesome virtual machine you can use to virtually install different operating system. However, the drivers associated with VirtualBox can be a pain in the @$$. Sometimes they don’t work properly and need to be reinstalled; sometimes you want to remove them but they don’t uninstall properly; whatever. The point is there are times when you want to manually uninstall/remove/delete VirtualBox drivers because simply uninstalling VirtualBox doesn’t do it for you. This guide shows you exactly how to remove these drivers on Windows.
VirtualBox comes with its own uninstaller script that is noticeable when you first open the installer. That is the correct tool that you must use if you want a thorough VirtualBox removal. It is also a good idea to use the one that is for the version of VirtualBox you installed. Dec 01, 2016 This vid provides proven solution to cleanly uninstall VirtualBox for Mac. To do so, plz use this app manager [email protected] if you can't get d job done on yr own.
HOW TO UNINSTALL, DELETE, OR REMOVE VIRTUALBOX DRIVERS
Note: This is a fairly safe process but be sure to backup your files in case something messes up.
There are four drivers VirtualBox installs on Windows and sometimes does not properly remove when you uninstall VirtualBox: Support driver, Host-Only Network Adapter driver, Bridged Networking driver, and USB Monitor driver.
To uninstall, delete, or remove these VirtualBox drivers, do the following:
- Open My Computer and navigate to C:WindowsSystem32drivers.
- Once in C:Windowssystem32drivers, find and delete these five files:
Take note that, if you have already uninstalled VirtualBox, you may not have all five of these files. Delete whichever ones that are there.
- Close the C:Windowssystem32drivers window.
- Open Registry Editor (regedit). This can be done by pressing Win + R on your keyboard, typing “regedit” (without the quotes) in the Run dialog box that opens, and then clicking OK. If you are Vista, Win7, or Win8, you will also have to confirm UAC prompt.
- In regedit, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservices.
- In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservices, look for five folders:
Right-click each of these folders and click Delete. Make sure you delete all five but do take note, if you have already uninstalled VirtualBox, you may not find all five folders. Delete whichever ones you find.
- Close regedit.
- Restart your computer.
Once you do all the above, you have successfully removed VirtualBox drivers from your computer.
Enjoy life without annoying VirtualBox drivers.
If you previously installed VirtualBox on your Mac, but you no longer need the program, you can remove it from your computer. Elements of VirtualBox are stored in the MacOS file system, so this program is not removed like the others.
Fortunately, the process is still pretty simple and takes a little time. In addition, we will talk about how to manually delete VirtualBox, which is a bit more complicated.
If you do not know, VirtualBox is an excellent program for advanced users, which serves to run third-party operating systems over MacOS. This may be Windows 10 or Ubuntu Linux. The program is available for several platforms, so you can run MacOS over Windows, etc.
Most Linux users can easily remove VirtualBox with a simple command:
However, on a Mac, VirtualBox is usually installed via an installer. Fortunately, there is a script to remove.
How to remove VirtualBox from your Mac
- Download the latest version of the VirtualBox installer if you don’t have one.
- Mount the VirtualBox disk image and open the dmg through the Finder.
- Double-click the “VirtualBox_Uninstall.tool” text document to open it in the Terminal window.
- Confirm the complete removal of VirtualBox by typing “yes”. You can cancel the action by typing “no” or by closing the Terminal window.
When all elements of VirtualBox are deleted, you can close the Terminal window.
How to remove VirtualBox manually
Uninstall Onedrive Mac
If you prefer to do everything manually, you can find the exact location of all the directories, components, files and VirtualBox extensions and delete them individually
Here is a list of VirtualBox file locations:
Virtualbox For Mac Uninstall Software
The easiest way to find and delete files is through Terminal, but you can also do this through the Finder.